[Python-Dev] Scandir module seeking new maintainer

Ben Hoyt benhoyt at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 08:09:55 EDT 2016

> So I'm looking for someone who wants to take over the maintenance of the
>> scandir PyPI module. It wouldn't be much work, as there are only a
>> couple of fairly small issues to fix. Or it might be a good way to start
>> for someone who wants to contribute to a small but useful open source
>> module in the Python ecosystem.
>>

> I'd be happy to, although I only have access to linux and MS Windows. This
> would be good prompting for me to get a few other *nices going, though
> (although I don't see MacOSX happening).

Thanks, Ethan. I don't think that would be too much of an issue -- there is
only a small amount of OS X-specific code in scandir.py.

I also see Victor Stinner's just replied. I think he would make the ideal
maintainer if he's willing, as he helped me write the PEP and code and has
been very close to scandir for a long time.

-Ben