[Python-Dev] Not receiving bug tracker emails

Martin Panter vadmium+py at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 04:37:18 EDT 2016

On 30 March 2016 at 13:30, R. David Murray <rdmurray at bitdance.com> wrote:
> Anyone know how to find out what changed from Google's POV?  As far as
> we know nothing changed at the bugs end, but it is certainly possible
> that something did change in the hosting infrastructure without our
> knowledge.  Knowing what is setting google off would help track it down,
> if so...or perhaps something changed at the google end, in which case we
> *really* need to know what.

My only guess is that Google decided to get stricter regarding
something mentioned in
<http://psf.upfronthosting.co.za/roundup/meta/issue562>, maybe
something in its sending guidelines. Perhaps to do with IPv6 DNS
<http://psf.upfronthosting.co.za/roundup/meta/issue568>.

FYI I am now working around the problem for myself by pointing my
bugs.python.org account at a Yahoo email address, and setting up Yahoo
to forward all emails to my G Mail address.