[Python-Dev] The next major Python version will be Python 8

Senthil Kumaran senthil at uthcode.com
Thu Mar 31 19:05:19 EDT 2016

On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 2:40 PM, Victor Stinner <victor.stinner at gmail.com>
wrote:

> For example, rename utils.py to utils_noqa.py. A side
> effect is that you have to update all imports. For example, replace
> "import django" with "import django_noqa". After a study of the PSF,
> it's a best option to split again the Python community and make sure
> that all users are angry.

We have a huge production code base, lacking tests, running successfully
against python2.4.
We would like to upgrade our code base to python 8 as we consider it as
most sensible update the python developers have ever done till date.
Is there is setuptools addition that can automatically change our imports
to _noqa ?

Thank you!
Senthil