[Python-Dev] Yearly PyPI breakage

tritium-list at sdamon.com tritium-list at sdamon.com
Wed May 4 02:39:51 EDT 2016

Are you for real?  I honestly do not understand your hostility.

You posted a mean-spirited complaint about a policy that is nearly exactly
two years old, to the wrong list, and call out the people calmly trying to
explain what happened and why, and how you can mitigate it for your own work
and organization.  What do you intend to accomplish?

* PyPI is no longer and index, it is a repository
* The decision to disable the index-only features of PyPI were made 2 years
ago, including pep438 - plenty of time to make alternate arrangements.
* The tooling for hosting your own repository is available, should you
actually need to host the files outside of PyPI
* The tooling exists to use other indexes
* The tooling exists to host your own index that serves your own packages
(that you develop or third party packages that you package for your own
use), that defaults to PyPI for packages not in your own repository

I understand that you are upset that a feature you used was removed; posting
with hostility to a list of people who do not even have control over the
repository is not a legitimate way to solve your problems.

Twisted?