[Python-Dev] Wrong OSX platform in sysconfig.py causing installation problems

Chris Barker chris.barker at noaa.gov
Mon May 9 14:03:31 EDT 2016

Thanks Joseph,

I say this isn't worth pursuing until someone else reports the issue, as I
couldn't replicate it with a "clean" system.

I had the old 10.6 SDK in /Developer/SDKs, it could have been ‘special’ in
> that I did alot of weird things for a former project and I just don’t
> recall.

I suspect your 10.6 SDK was cnfigured oddly, or ????

For the sake of explanation though lets say it wasn’t, what then?

> I installed OSX Python 3.5.1, created a virtual environment using the
> pyvenv command from that newly installed Python 3.5.1, and sourced its
> bin/activate.
> Then when running pip install ZODB, the compiler would be passed the
> -isysroot flag for the 10.6 SDK, which would change its include paths and
> it would find no includes or libs

this is the odd part -- shouldn't the new sysroot (i.e. the SDK) have all
the includes and libs  needed?

Not sure why that is, or what would make the virtual environment different,
> but there you go.

yeah, me neither ....

Anyway, unless someone else sees this, I think we're done.

-CHB

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov