[Python-Dev] file system path protocol PEP

Sven R. Kunze srkunze at mail.de
Fri May 13 05:24:57 EDT 2016

On 13.05.2016 10:36, Koos Zevenhoven wrote:
> This has just been discussed very recently in this thread (and earlier
> too).

Could you point me to that? It seems I missed that part. I only found
posts related to performance degradation.

However, the proposed semantics will change if the checks are swapped.
So, my actual question is:

Is that an intended API inconsistency or a known bug supposed to be
resolved later?

> It may make sense, but it's not among our current worries.

It might not be yours but mine. ;) That's why I was asking.