[Python-Dev] Warnings behave differently in Python 2 and Python 3?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Mon Nov 14 23:19:32 EST 2016

On 11/14/2016 4:44 PM, Christoph Groth wrote:
> Thanks, Victor, for the link to the bug fix!  I suspected that the
> original mechanism was something like that, but I believed that it was
> so by design.
>
> I find it a bit surprising that CPython gets changed between versions in
> backwards-incompatible ways (even if it’s a bug fix) without a notice in
> "what's new"...

It doesn't.  What's New proper only lists new features, which only
appear in x.y.0.  But is includes a link to an updated 'changelog',
which includes bug fixes, listed in separate sections for each release,
including release candidates.  "See the changelog for a full list of
changes.": 2nd line of What's New in Python 3.5.

--
Terry Jan Reedy