[Python-Dev] IMPORTANT: 3.6 branch in Release Candidate stage, check-ins restricted!

Ned Deily nad at python.org
Mon Nov 21 23:06:24 EST 2016

The tagging and manufacturing of 3.6.0 beta 4 is now underway and we are entering the Release Candidate stage.  From now until further notice, you should only push changes to 3.6 that meet the 3.6.0 release critical or final doc changes criteria described below.  All code changes pushed to 3.6 during this release candidate stage must be reviewed.  The restriction to only release-critical fixes will be lifted after the tagging of 3.6.0rc1 which is expected in about 2 weeks.  As usual, the actual v3.6.0b4 tag and other release-related updates will be pushed to the cpython repo once the release build process has been completed and tested.  This will be signaled by the 3.6.0b4 release availability email.

By the way: I have just noticed that I made an error in the cleanup steps following the previous beta, 3.6.0b3.  The patch level for post-b3 development builds was mistakenly set to 3.6.0b4+ instead of 3.6.0b3+.  (The release tarballs and installers are not affected.)  So don't be surprised when the patch level for post-b4 development builds remains 3.6.0b4+.  As far as I can anticipate that should not cause any problems.  My apologies!

--Ned

--
  Ned Deily
  nad at python.org -- []