[Python-Dev] Python private and protected variables and methods

Annapoornima Koppad annakoppad at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 09:39:38 EST 2016

Dear All,

While teaching Python protected variables, I figured out the oddity about
Python.

I am using Python 2.7.12+ for my teaching.

There is not really a concept of protected variables in Python, is it?

For a more detailed explanation of what I am trying to do, please read this
article, http://radek.io/2011/07/21/private-protected-and-public-in-python/

It that is the case, Python is not suitable for companies that require
secure transactions such as  Banking softwares. What solution are possible
to overcome data masquerading attempts that might result because of this?

Thanks and regards,
Annapoornima
www.pyladies.co.in