[Python-Dev] Optimizing list.sort() by checking type in advance

Elliot Gorokhovsky elliot.gorokhovsky at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 17:16:32 EDT 2016

Hm... that is strange, but I don't think there's anything wrong with the
way I'm timing, though I agree perf/timeit would be better. I ran the
benchmark a couple of times and the numbers seem to exactly line up
something like one in five times; perhaps not that crazy considering
they're executing nearly the same code?

Anyway, benchmarking technique aside, the point is that it it works well
for small lists (i.e. doesn't affect performance).