[Python-Dev] O(1) deletes from the front of bytearray (was: Re: Adding bytes.frombuffer() constructor to PEP 467 (was: [Python-ideas] Adding bytes.frombuffer() constructor)

INADA Naoki songofacandy at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 06:56:51 EDT 2016

> AFAIK basically the only project that would be affected by this is
> PyPy, and I when I asked on #pypy they said:
>
> <cfbolz> njs`: I think we either plan to or already support this
>
> so I'm not sure why this is controversial.

FYI, I had filed the feature request on PyPy issue tracker.
https://bitbucket.org/pypy/pypy/issues/2367/del-bytearray-n-should-be-optimized

In case of micropython, it doesn't support deletion for now.
https://github.com/micropython/micropython/blob/b9672bcbe8dd29b61326af8eb026df4d10a8f0ce/py/objarray.c#L371-L378

--
INADA Naoki  <songofacandy at gmail.com>