[Python-Dev] Have I got my hg dependencies correct?

Skip Montanaro skip.montanaro at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 14:28:42 EDT 2016

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 1:12 PM, Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:
>> in first cpython, then 2.7 repos I should be up-to-date, correct?
>

> Nope, you need to execute the same steps in your 2.7 checkout

"repos" == "checkout" in my message.

So the hg up -C solved my problem, but I'm still a bit confused
(nothing new, in addition to which I only use hg for my Python
repositories)... Why didn't a plain "hg up" tell me it couldn't update
some files because of changes? Or, like git (I think), attempt to
incorporate the upstream changes, then leave conflict markers if that
failed?

Skip