[Python-Dev] Do PEP 526 type declarations define the types of variables or not?

Sven R. Kunze srkunze at mail.de
Mon Sep 5 18:49:45 EDT 2016

Didn't Koos say this works more like an expression annotation?

IMO, the type of the expression is what is specified but the type of the
variable can change over time (as you demonstrated).

Sven

PS: thinking this way, the new syntax is actually confusing as it
annotates the variable not the expression. :-/