[Python-Dev] Where are the list and array.array implementations in CPython source?

Jonathan Goble jcgoble3 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 19:45:06 EDT 2016

I'd like to study the CPython implementations of lists and array.array
instances for a personal project of mine, but I've very unfamiliar
with the Python source code as it pertains to internals like this.
Which files would I need to look at to do this, and are there a few
particular functions/structures I should pay attention to? I'm just
looking for a brief pointer in the right direction here, not a full
explanation of how it works -- I'll get that from studying the source
code. :-)

(Sorry if this isn't the best place to post, but I felt that a
question about CPython's internals fit slightly better on python-dev
rather than python-list, since this is where those familiar with that
code are more likely to see the post.)