[Python-Dev] A Pseudo-Post-Mortem (not dead yet) on my Multi-Core Python Project.

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 11:20:01 EDT 2016

On 7 September 2016 at 09:56, Eric Snow <ericsnowcurrently at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not anticipating much discussion on this, but wanted to present a
> summary of my notes from the project I proposed last year and have
> since tabled.
>
> http://ericsnowcurrently.blogspot.com/2016/09/solving-mutli-core-python.html

Thanks for that update.

For the PEP 432 start-up changes, the draft implementation reached a
point earlier this year where it aligns with the current PEP draft and
works as intended, except for the fact that most config settings
aren't actually using the new structs yet:
https://bitbucket.org/ncoghlan/cpython_sandbox/branch/pep432_modular_bootstrap

However, there were other things that seemed higher priority to work
on or help coordinate, so I deferred actually wrangling the process of
proposing it for inclusion as a private API and then incrementally
migrating settings over to it (particular as I think there's a high
chance of that migration process stalling out if I can't be sure I'll
have time to work on it myself).

Cheers,
Nick.