[Python-Dev] Commits to migrated repos no longer sent to Python-checkins

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Wed Sep 7 17:40:15 EDT 2016

On Wed, 7 Sep 2016 at 14:24 Emanuel Barry <vgr255 at live.ca> wrote:

> The repos which used to send to Python-checkins no longer do so since their
> respective migrations (devguide, peps). I don't know who's responsible for
> that, so I figured I'd post here.

If people want those back on then that could be arranged. I'm not sure,
though, if it still makes sense having emails for every commit from three
separate repositories going to the same mailing list.

You can follow the commits through an atom feed, e.g
https://github.com/python/peps/commits.atom. That means you could use
something like IFTTT on your own to send you an email for each commit so
you can track only the repositories you care about. That makes me think
that it's worth even less for peps since those all have to be posted here
anyway and the devguide doesn't affect people's future production
deployments.