[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] cpython: Fixes test_getargs2 to get the buildbots working again.

Steve Dower steve.dower at python.org
Sun Sep 11 23:16:42 EDT 2016

On 11Sep2016 1959, Martin Panter wrote:
> On 12 September 2016 at 02:48, Steve Dower <steve.dower at python.org> wrote:
>>>   Fixes test_getargs2 to get the buildbots working again.
>>
>> I'm not sure this is the fix we want to keep here, but it was sufficient to
>> get the test going and unblock all the buildbots.
>>
>> I'm not entirely sure when the break appeared (essentially we seem to not be
>> copying *args into a new tuple), but I'd guess it's to do with the fast
>> calling improvements.
>
> That seems to be everyone else’s guess too. See
> https://bugs.python.org/issue28086 (bug about this failure)
> https://bugs.python.org/issue27213 (bisected cause)

Huh, I searched and didn't find anything. Maybe I typo'd my search query?

Looking at the bisected cause, it seems like the intent is to allow
subclasses of tuple to pass through. Considering this is seriously going
to hold up beta 1, I'd rather assume that's the intent and unblock the
release.

Cheers,
Steve