[Python-Dev] Python 3.6 dict becomes compact and gets a private version; and keywords become ordered

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 10:11:34 EDT 2016

> How about we just make timeit show average and not disable the GC then
> (two of the complaints that will not change the execution time)?

Thanks for the reminder.

The first part of my plan was to write a new module to experiment
changes. This part is done: it's the new perf module available on PyPI
(it works on Python 2.7-3.7).

The second part of my plan was to enhance the stdlib, so here you have!

"Enhance the timeit module: display average +- std dev instead of minimum"
http://bugs.python.org/issue28240

Victor