[Python-Dev] why _PyGen_Finalize(gen) propagates close() to _PyGen_yf() ?

Stephen J. Turnbull turnbull.stephen.fw at u.tsukuba.ac.jp
Sun Apr 2 15:23:46 EDT 2017

Nathaniel Smith writes:

 > > Well, I'm afraid to contact this closed and not-for-mortals list,
 > > not sure this very basic question should go there ;) perhaps you
 > > are already a member, feel free to forward.
 >
 > core-mentorship is intended as a friendly place for folks who are
 > starting to study CPython internals. I'm not sure where you got the
 > impression that it's not-for-mortals but I suspect the people
 > running it would like to know so they can fix it :-).

I imagine Oleg got that impression because he tried to access the
archives, which are closed to non-members.  I don't recall the
rationale for that but there was one, I suspect that won't change.
IMO, the listinfo
https://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/core-mentorship
makes it clear that developers new to Python core code (whether they
are new or advanced developers in other code bases) are welcome.

If it's something else, we would *definitely* like to know.

Steve