[Python-Dev] windows installer and python list mention

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Mon Apr 10 15:24:32 EDT 2017

On 4/10/2017 1:48 PM, Nathaniel Smith wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 10:32 AM, Ethan Furman <ethan at stoneleaf.us> wrote:
>> Some people find it easier to follow this and other lists via gmane
>> (http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.general), a service which
>> offers a newsgroup interface to many online mailing lists.
>
> Also, gmane has been dead for a few months (that link just says "Page
> Not Found") and its future is uncertain, so this bit isn't terribly
> helpful either...

The web interface does indeed seem to have been removed.  Even
news.gmane.org returns the same.  The nntp interface remains for the
present, as I still use it daily.  (The headers of this message should
indicate such.)

If the nntp interface were to be taken down, I would like PSF to add
news.python.org to continue the python mirrors.

--
Terry Jan Reedy