[Python-Dev] Possible bug in class-init, lookin for mentors

Justus Schwabedal jschwabedal at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 06:09:53 EDT 2017

Hi everyone,

I possibly found a bug in class initialization and would like to fix it.
Because it's my first journey to core-dev, I would really appreciate the
help of a mentor that I may ask a few questions to get me up to speed.

To my person, I have previously worked on larger projects in python, c, and
c++ if that information helps, and I'm really curious to learn more about
the interiors of the greatest interpreter known to wo-/men.

Here comes the bug-producing example:

`class Foo:
    def __init__(self, bar=[]):
        self.list = bar

spam_1 = Foo()
spam_2 = Foo()

spam_1.list.append(42)
print(spam_2.list)`

At least I think it's a bug.  Maybe it's a feature..

Best Regards, Jus

---

f*** me <https://github.com/jusjusjus> on github :)