[Python-Dev] PEP 550 v3 naming

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Wed Aug 23 11:46:13 EDT 2017

On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 11:21 PM, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:

> As the original proponent of a Dynamic* naming scheme, I'll note that
> I eventually decided I didn't like it for the same reason I already
> didn't like naming schemes using either the word "local" or the word
> "frame": they all suggest a coupling to the synchronous call stack
> that deliberately isn't part of the proposal.

However, there is still *some* connection with the frame, though it's
subtle. In particular the LC (using PEP v3 terms) for a generator is tied
to that generator's frame (it becomes the top of the EC stack whenever that
generator is resumed). I don't think we should call this out in the naming
scheme though.

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)