[Python-Dev] PEP 550 v3 naming

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Wed Aug 23 12:56:41 EDT 2017

On Wed, 23 Aug 2017 12:19:40 -0400
Yury Selivanov <yselivanov.ml at gmail.com> wrote:
> PEP 550 calls generators and asynchronous tasks as "logical threads",
> and "logical context" stems directly from that notion.

I wouldn't refer to a generator as a "thread" personally.  A thread
essentially executes without intervention from outside code, which is
not the case for a generator (where resumption is controlled by
explicit next() calls or iteration by the consumer).

That is also why I proposed the more general "task" (and "task
context").  Of course, capitalized "Task" is given a specific
meaning by asyncio...

Regards

Antoine.