[Python-Dev] PEP 550 v3 naming

Yury Selivanov yselivanov.ml at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 15:17:24 EDT 2017

> How about ExecutionContext and ContextVars ?

> We are already used to different levels of variables: global, local, non-local, class.  I think having variables tied to a Context, and having search flow back to previous Contexts, would be easy to understand.

Yeah, I had this idea about ContextVars and so far I like it more than
Context Keys and Context Values.

In the next version of the PEP (will post it soon), we use Execution
Context, Logical Context, and Context Variable terminology (the debate
if we should use other names is, of course, still open).

Yury