[Python-Dev] bpo-5001: More-informative multiprocessing error messages (#3079)

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 05:48:14 EDT 2017

On 30 August 2017 at 19:39, Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Aug 2017 08:48:56 +0300
> Serhiy Storchaka <storchaka at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Please, please don't forget to edit commit messages before merging. An
>> excessively verbose commit message will be kept in the repository
>> forever and will harm future developers that read a history.
>
> Sorry, I routinely forget about it.  Can we have an automated check for
> this?

Not while we're pushing the "squash & merge" button directly, as
there's no opportunity for any automated hooks to run at that point :(

More options open up if the actual commit is being handled by a bot,
but even that would still depend on us providing an updated commit
message via some mechanism.

Cheers,
Nick.