[Python-Dev] PEP 540: Add a new UTF-8 mode (v2)

INADA Naoki songofacandy at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 22:17:12 EST 2017

I'm sorry about my laziness.
I've very busy these months, but I'm back to OSS world from today.

While I should review carefully again, I think I'm close to accept PEP 540.

* PEP 540 really helps containers and old Linux machines PEP 538 doesn't work.
  And containers is really important for these days.  Many new
Pythonistas who is
  not Linux experts start using containers.

* In recent years, UTF-8 fixed many mojibakes.  Now UnicodeError is
more usability
  problem for many Python users.  So I agree opt-out UTF-8 mode is
better than opt-in
  on POSIX locale.

I don't have enough time to read all mails in ML archive.
So if someone have opposite opinion, please remind me by this weekend.

Regards,