[Python-Dev] HP-UX pr not feeling the love

Rob Boehne robb at datalogics.com
Wed Dec 6 13:27:57 EST 2017

Thanks!  I’m personally comfortable with dropping support for systems that people can’t buy support for, like IRIX, ULTRIX, SCO etc.  It’s hard to envision those being anything other than hobbyist platforms.  Here at Datalogics, we are selling and supporting software on HP-UX, for both pa-risc and Itanium, and now that SCons is beginning to support Python 3.x, I am attempting to use some of my spare time to get this platform (and others we support) to build, and then to run, on the development branch for Python 3.   So rather than taking a large block of my time to port and fix any problems, I’m going to submit pr’s in a trickle, as time permits.  I’m picking HP-UX because it’s probably the most obscure thing we use, and likely would take the most effort.