[Python-Dev] Support of the Android platform

Xavier de Gaye xdegaye at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 07:52:01 EST 2017

On 12/10/2017 09:27 PM, Brett Cannon wrote:
 > While the note from a technical standpoint is interest, Xavier, I don't quite see what needs to be done to support Android at this point. Are you simply asking we add Android API 24 as an official
 > platform? Or permission to add your note to the Misc/ directory? Basically what are you wanting to see happen? :)

This is mainly a proposal written in the form of a PEP and open for discussion, not a PEP because it is not required by PEP 11 but it may become one. I guess the discussion may be about the choice of
the API level, or whether the buildbot should run on emulators or on devices (not currently supported by the build system) or on any other subject.

What is left to be done to support Android at this point is to merge the PR that implements the build system, make the change in the buildbot buildmaster-config repo and test it on a worker and then
find the hardware to run all the workers for these architectures and set it up.

Xavier