[Python-Dev] Last call for PEP approvals before the holidays

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Mon Dec 11 14:48:40 EST 2017

After this Friday I'm going to go on vacation for a couple of weeks.

Anyone who has a PEP for which they're awaiting acceptance and that
acceptance needs to happen before the 3.7 feature freeze (a.k.a. 3.7b1,
scheduled for January 29 2018, see PEP 537) please ping me with a pointer
to the thread on python-dev (or occasionally on another list). If
acceptance waits until the new year it's less likely to happen in time.

OTOH if your PEP is not time-sensitive it's probably better to wait until
after the 3.7b1 release.

PEPs I am already aware of:
- 565 (DeprecationWarning) -- I'm going to accept it
- 550 (Context) -- I'm waiting for a new (simpler) draft by Yury
- 561 (type checker module search) -- not time-sensitive, I'm confident
that the work is going well regardless of acceptance
- 554 (multiple interpreters) -- postponed to 3.8
- 558 (locals()) -- I think this will have to be postponed

--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/attachments/20171211/d985debd/attachment.html>

More information about the Python-Dev mailing list