[Python-Dev] Accepting PEP 560 -- Core support for typing module and generic types

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Thu Dec 14 19:03:48 EST 2017

A slot is pretty expensive, as *every* class in existence will be another 8
bytes larger (and possibly more due to malloc rounding). So unless we find
that there's a significant performance benefit I think we should hold back
on this. IIRC Ivan has already measured an order of magnitude's speedup
(well, 7x), so we may not need it. :-)

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)