[Python-Dev] Guarantee ordered dict literals in v3.7?

Raymond Hettinger raymond.hettinger at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 01:31:15 EST 2017

> I support having regular dicts maintain insertion order but am opposed to Inada changing the implementation of collections.OrderedDict   We can have the first without having the second.
>
> It seems like the two quoted paragraphs are in vociferous agreement.

The referenced tracker entry proposes, "Issue31265:  Remove doubly-linked list from C OrderedDict".  I don't think that should go forward regardless of whether regular dict order is guaranteed.

Inada presented a compound proposition: either guarantee regular dict order or let him rip out the core design of OrderedDicts against my wishes.

Raymond