[Python-Dev] Supporting functools.singledispatch with classes.

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 25 19:41:59 EST 2017

On 25 December 2017 at 12:32, Ethan Smith <ethan at ethanhs.me> wrote:
> So at the moment, I don't think it is possible to implement singledispatch
> on classmethod or staticmethod decorated functions.

I've posted this to the PR, but adding it here as well: I think this
is a situation very similar to the case with functools.partialmethod,
where you're going to need to write a separate
functools.singledispatchmethod class that's aware of the descriptor
protocol, rather than trying to add the functionality directly to
functools.singledispatch.

Cheers,
Nick.