[Python-Dev] GitHub migration scheduled for Friday

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 02:35:04 EST 2017

(Oops, I wrote privately to Brett, so he replied me in private. So
here is a copy of our emails.)

Brett Cannon via gmail.com
On Tue, 7 Feb 2017 at 13:42 Victor Stinner <victor.stinner at gmail.com> wrote:

> If I push a patch file written by someone else, should I try to use the author full name + email?

I'm sure the patch author would appreciate it, but I don't think we
need to require it as we have gone this long without it.

> Currently, it requires some tricks to get these informations (the email is partially hidden in the big tracker user list). Or are we moving slowly to GitHub pull requests only?

I hope we're moving quickly and not slowly. :)

> Maybe the simplest option is to ask these informations to the author :-)

I suspect if the patch author is still active you could ask them to
make their patch into a PR and that will solve this problem.

-Brett