[Python-Dev] OpenIndiana and Solaris support

Jesus Cea jcea at jcea.es
Wed Feb 8 10:18:57 EST 2017

On 08/02/17 11:24, Victor Stinner wrote:
> So I suggest to drop official Solaris support, but I don't propose to
> remove the C code specific to Solaris. In practice, I suggest to
> remove Solaris and OpenIndiana buildbots since they are broken for
> months and are more annoying than useful.

The main issue is that something wrong is going on with buildbot. From
time to time, it eats gigabytes of RAM (last time, 64GB) and kills the
machine. maybe once per week. This is not very welcomed by my host and
his reaction is to shutdown the solaris "zone" because we don't "behave"
and this is impacting production system.

I am trying to convince him to launch buildbot process tree with an
"ulimit" to protect the machine. Lets see.

Sorry. Thanks for your patience.

--
Jesús Cea Avión                         _/_/      _/_/_/        _/_/_/
jcea at jcea.es - http://www.jcea.es/     _/_/    _/_/  _/_/    _/_/  _/_/