[Python-Dev] GDB macros in Misc/gdbinit are broken

Skip Montanaro skip.montanaro at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 10:09:49 EST 2017

I haven't tried using Python support in gdb in a long time. I don't
know what python-gdb.py is. How is that different than
Tools/gdb/libpython.py? Is it distributed with Python? (I'm kind of
blind at work without a source distribution I can grep through, and
didn't see it in Tools/gdb or Misc.)

I'm a simple man. I need the kind of stuff Misc/gdbinit provides
(smart stack traces and variable printing), but I most frequently use
the pyo user-defined command to print the contents of PyObject
pointers. When they are working (<wink>) pystack and pyframe are also
useful.

Skip