[Python-Dev] --with-fpectl changes the CPython ABI

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Mon Jan 2 11:21:39 EST 2017

I am happy to see it go. It was contributed many, many years ago by people
(scientists from the early numpy world IIRC) who had a very specific use
for it, but weren't really into maintaining it long-term, and I wasn't
strong enough to refuse a well-meaning but poorly executed contribution at
the time -- so we compromised on having the whole thing enabled through
`#ifdef`. Clearly it started rotting the day I committed the code...

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)