[Python-Dev] New work-in-progress bisection tool for the Python test suite (in regrtest)

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 05:55:01 EDT 2017

On Python 2, the addition of Lib/test/bisect.py caused conflict with
Lib/bisect.py when running the Python test suite :-( I chose to rename
Lib/test/bisect.py to Lib/test/bisectcmd.py to reduce changes caused
by this new debug tool. So only in Python 2.7, you have to run:

./python -m test.bisectcmd ...

instead of

./python -m tes.bisect ...

See http://bugs.python.org/issue30843 for more information.