[Python-Dev] Python startup time

Michel Desmoulin desmoulinmichel at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 03:52:10 EDT 2017

> Optimizing startup time is incredibly valuable,

I've been reading that from the beginning of this thread but I've been
using python since the 2.4 and I never felt the burden of the startup time.

I'm guessing a lot of people are like me, they just don't express them
self because "better startup time can't be bad so let's not put a
barrier on this".

I'm not against it, but since the necessity of a faster Python in
general has been a debate for years and is only finally catching up with
the work of Victor Stinner, can somebody explain me the deal with start
up time ?

I understand where it can improve your lives. I just don't get why it's
suddenly such an explosion of expectations and needs.