[Python-Dev] 2017 Python Language Summit coverage -- Round 2

Jake Edge jake at lwn.net
Thu Jun 1 21:27:23 EDT 2017

Hola python-dev,

Thanks for all the positive feedback on the coverage (and the
corrections/clarifications in the comments too)!

There is, it seems, always more to do, but I do have three additional
articles from the summit up now and should complete the coverage over
the next week.

The starting point is the overview article, here:
https://lwn.net/Articles/723251/ which should now be free for anyone to
see (and the first four articles too).  LWN subscribers can see the
content right away, but one week after they are published in the weekly
edition, they become freely available for everyone.  Until then,
though, feel free to share the SubscriberLinks I am posting here.  I
have been asked about our policy on appropriate places to share
SubscriberLinks; blogs, tweets, social media, mailing lists, etc. are
all perfectly fine with us.

The new articles are:

Keeping Python competitive: https://lwn.net/Articles/723949/ or
https://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/723949/56a392defaae995c/

Trio and the future of asynchronous execution in
Python: https://lwn.net/Articles/724082/ or
https://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/724082/43c399adca8006f0/

Python ssl module update: https://lwn.net/Articles/724209/ or
https://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/724209/8460ca8b51c00634/

stay tuned sometime next week for the thrilling conclusion :)

jake

--
Jake Edge - LWN - jake at lwn.net - http://lwn.net