[Python-Dev] The untuned tunable parameter ARENA_SIZE

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 14:50:09 EDT 2017

[Tim]
>> ... That is, it's up to the bit vector implementation
>> to intelligently represent what's almost always going to be a
>> relatively tiny slice of a theoretically massive address space.

[Antoine]
> True.  That works if the operating system doesn't go too wild in
> address space randomization, though ;-)

I don't know that it's a real problem, but if it is I'm sure you know
of efficient ways to implement sparse sets (for example, picture
Python's set implementation, but slimmed down to handle just C uint64
members).

I was hoping to spur a discussion of much higher level issues.  I bet
Larry was too ;-)