[Python-Dev] Support for RFC 6920: Naming Things with Hashes?

Stephen J. Turnbull turnbull.stephen.fw at u.tsukuba.ac.jp
Thu Jun 8 06:37:31 EDT 2017

Sylvain Bellemare writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 >  I hope this is the right place to post this kind of question. If not I
 > apologize.
 >
 > I was simply wondering if anyone had been looking into supporting RFC 6920 (
 > https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6920).
 >
 > For a simple example of what this is about see
 > https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6920#section-8

This is not the best place.  My first take would be "This is a great
idea!  But it doesn't need to be in core.  Write it up and post it to
PyPI."

My second would be "there's probably a special interest group (SIG)
WebSIG list looks like a good bet.  Third take, try
python-list at python.org and see what the general Python users say.
Many are web developers.

Finally, I am not a web expert, just a long time follower of
discussions on these lists.  If you are really sure this belongs in
the stdlib right now, you could try python-ideas at python.org.  That
list is for proposing and refining new ideas, this one is more for
discussion of stuff that has an implementation in progress and needs
fine-tuning.

Happy hacking!

Steve