[Python-Dev] Remove embedded expat library?

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Sun Jun 11 06:10:59 EDT 2017

Le 11 juin 2017 09:38, "Ronald Oussoren" <ronaldoussoren at mac.com> a écrit :

I don’t think it would be a good idea to rely on the system provided
libexpat on macOS, as Apple is not exactly fast w.r.t. upgrading their
external dependencies and could easily stop updating libraries when the no
longer need them (see for example the mess w.r.t. OpenSSL).

Ok, but can't we download expat instead of keeping an old copy in our
repisitory?

Having a copy is useful when we modify it. I don't that it is the case here.

Victor