[Python-Dev] PEP 538 warning at startup: please remove it

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 05:46:19 EDT 2017

> I think "Good practice" is set `LC_CTYPE=C.UTF-8` environment variable,
> as warning says.

I like using LANG=C to display a manual page in english. Technically,
I know that it's wrong, but it works. I don't see the point of the
warning. I'm able to render my hello world with the wrong locale :-)
If you want to use C.utf-8, fine, just do it, but don't bug me with
locales please :-)

I consider that I understand well locales and encodings. But now try
to imagine someone who don't know anything about programming and
starts learning a new language, Python, and see this warning...

Victor