[Python-Dev] PEP 538 warning at startup: please remove it

Ethan Furman ethan at stoneleaf.us
Mon Jun 12 11:48:07 EDT 2017

On 06/12/2017 05:24 AM, Nick Coghlan wrote:

> I suspect the eventual outcome is going to be dropping that particular
> warning (since it's been problematic for Fedora's 3.6 backport as
> well, and the problems are due to the warning itself, *not* the locale
> coercion), but I'd prefer to keep the notification at least for a
> while (potentially even until alpha 1).

As long as we take it out for 3.7.0 I'll be happy.  At that point it can be enabled by whichever flag we have that says
emit all warnings instead of silently suppressing them.

This reminds me of pip with it's 20 lines of ssl and sudo warnings -- it makes it nearly unusable as I have to search
and search to find the two lines somewhere in the middle that I'm interested in.

--
~Ethan~