[Python-Dev] [RELEASE] Python 3.6.2rc1 is now available for testing

Ned Deily nad at python.org
Sat Jun 17 22:31:05 EDT 2017

On behalf of the Python development community and the Python 3.6 release team, I would like to announce the availability of Python 3.6.2rc1. 3.6.2rc1 is the first release candidate for Python 3.6.2, the next maintenance release of Python 3.6. While 3.6.2rc1 is a preview release and, thus, not intended for production environments, we encourage you to explore it and provide feedback via the Python bug tracker (https://bugs.python.org).

Please see "What’s New In Python 3.6" for more information:

https://docs.python.org/3.6/whatsnew/3.6.html

You can find Python 3.6.2rc1 here:

https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-362rc1/

and its change log here:

https://docs.python.org/3.6/whatsnew/changelog.html#python-3-6-2-release-candidate-1

3.6.2 is planned for final release on 2017-06-30 with the next maintenance release expected to follow in about 3 months. More information about the 3.6 release schedule can be found here:

https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0494/

--
  Ned Deily
  nad at python.org -- []