[Python-Dev] [python-committers] Proposed release schedule for Python 3.5.4

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 04:04:01 EDT 2017

For 3.4, please review my pending security fixes :-) There are more of them.

About the cipher list in ssl, the change itself is simple but it's to
blacklist DES and 3DES since it has been proved that these ciphers are
really too weak nowadays:
http://python-security.readthedocs.io/vuln/cve-2016-2183_sweet32_attack_des_3des.html

By the way, is Larry the only one to be able to merge changes in 3.4?
Before GitHub, all core dev were technically allowed to push in
security-only branches.

I would be interested to be allowed to push my own security fixes, but also
to enable Travis CI and maybe AppVeyor on the 3.4 and 3.3 branches.

Victor