[Python-Dev] Appveyor builds fail on Windows for 3.6 backports.

Zachary Ware zachary.ware+pydev at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 14:24:25 EDT 2017

On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 11:36 AM, Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:
> Example: appveyor passes for
> https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/2335#discussion_r123724857
>
> Appveyor build fails for 3.6 backport
> https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/2359
> https://ci.appveyor.com/project/python/cpython/build/3.6.1+.3673
> The compile and build errors have nothing to do with the patch.
>
> This failure is routine; turning off appveyor for 3.6, until fixed, would
> reduce noise.
>
> I presume this is a workflow issue, but I don't know if Windows experts
> would see it.

I had not seen that failure before, but it is troubling.  For
AppVeyor, it looks like we might be able to get around it by using the
`cache` feature (which we should probably do anyway), but if that
failure happens routinely otherwise, we may have to completely rethink
the approach I've taken in https://bugs.python.org/issue30450

--
Zach