[Python-Dev] New workflow change: Welcome to blurb

Larry Hastings larry at hastings.org
Sat Jun 24 11:53:50 EDT 2017

On 06/23/2017 10:55 PM, Nick Coghlan wrote:
> Aye, towncrier and OpenStack's reno were the two main alternatives we
> looked at in addition to Larry's offer of creating a tool specifically
> for CPython: https://github.com/python/core-workflow/issues/6

Fun fact: all three tools started at about the same time, at least
according to publicly visible commits.  Towncrier started December 2015,
reno in August 2015, and my first commits to "mergenews" (which
eventually became blurb) were in September of 2015.

We'd actually been discussing it on bpo since at least September 2013:

    https://bugs.python.org/issue18967

//arry/