[Python-Dev] New workflow change: Welcome to blurb

Larry Hastings larry at hastings.org
Sat Jun 24 11:57:24 EDT 2017

On 06/24/2017 01:53 AM, Antoine Pitrou wrote:
> Would you like to make it 3.5-compatible?  3.6 is quite young and not
> all systems have it (e.g. Ubuntu 16.04, which many people use, has 3.5).

Well, tbh I think that's a bit silly.  First of all, it shouldn't be
installed in your system-wide python3 interpreter.  Second, I assumed
core devs were compiling their own Python interpreters locally in their
account--in no small part so they can install any packages they want.
And finally, you're asking me to give up f-strings.

If someone else wants to send me a PR getting it to work on 3.5, I'd
look at it.  I'm guessing it's really just f-strings but I can't say for
sure what else is a 3.6 dependency.

//arry/