[Python-Dev] [python-committers] New workflow change: Welcome to blurb

Larry Hastings larry at hastings.org
Sat Jun 24 12:45:41 EDT 2017

On 06/24/2017 09:40 AM, Terry Reedy wrote:
> On 6/23/2017 11:24 PM, Larry Hastings wrote:
>
> > You can install blurb from pip:
> >
> >     % pip3.6 install blurb
>
> This does not seem to work right.  On Windows:
>
> C:\Users\Terry>py -3 -m pip install blurb
> Collecting blurb
>   Downloading blurb-1.0-py3-none-any.whl
> Installing collected packages: blurb
> Successfully installed blurb-1.0
>
> Explorer shows that 3.6 site-packages has a 'blurb-1.0.dist-info'
> directory but neither blurb.py nor 'blurb/' is present.  So the
> following are to be expected.
>
> C:\Users\Terry>py -3 -m blurb
> C:\Programs\Python36\python.exe: No module named blurb
>
> > py -3
> ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'blurb'
>
> Serhiy reported a similar problem on, I presume, some flavor of Linux.

I replied to Serhiy; it's just "blurb", it's a command-line tool, it's
not a package or a module.  It should be a command on your path.

TBH I don't know if installation of a command-line tool like that works
on Windows.  The tool itself was ported to Windows by Zach at the PyCon
core dev sprints last month, though that predates the PyPI work, and in
any case I could have broken the Windows support since then.
Unfortunately I'm no longer a qualified Windows developer, so if it
doesn't work on Windows I fear someone will have to send me a PR.

//arry/